hgiljr

Jul 13, 2015
Miami, Fl
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Hello all. After some youtubing and reading, I finally figured out the testing of the pool water. We do have a salt water chlorinated pool and here are the results:
Free and Clear
9.6 Free
.4ppm Combined
PH 8
Alkalinity 120ppm
Calcium Hardness 640 ppm
Cyanuric acid 80

I already figured out that I need to add 4 cups of muriatic acid, which I did and my understanding that it will lower the ph and alkalinity.

Now the salt test I did, is way off to what the salt water cell and pool store results:

Salt water cell system = 3600
Pool Store = 3500
at home salt water test = 6000

And I did it twice to be sure following the video and instructions. If you can provide overall feedback of my pool results and let me know what I should be doing next, let me know. Thanks again for your info.

Hector

Hector,

As long as the salt cell is not complaining about high salt you are good, with that said as your water warms up it may start saying too much salt, as long as it is still making chlorine you are good :)

you are using the 25ml amount, drop down to 10ml to save reagents..

Your FC is a little high unless you just finished a SLAM and the .4 CC is a little high but it should come down.. is your pool covered?

yes, MA will bring PH and TA down as you use it

I hope this helps :)

Pool is not covered. How do I lower the FC? Could any of these number being above or below be the cause of itchiness while in or right after leaving pool? Some family members including myself have experienced this. Thanks

The pH being high will cause eye and skin irritation. Our eyes and skin membranes are between 7.3 and 7.5
Combined chlorine could have been the cause as well.

As cowboycasey said, you might consider finishing the slam to lower that combined chlorine, your fc will drop a couple days after that.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.