anyone else have sun allergies?

Aug 30, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
This has developed in me over the last couple of years. I thought it wasn't going to happen this year because I was building a base tan, but I got a little too much sun the other day and I got red welps and a rashy itch on my chest.

Does anybody have this and does anybody have any suggestions (other than staying out of the sun...I'm not really planning on doing that unless it is life threatening and I don't think it is)?

I'm bad to get what I call "sun poisoning" when I've gotten too much sun as well. I mostly get it when I go to FL. I have found that if I use a higher SPF (15 or higher) that it solves this problem for the most part. Give it a try!

I have a friend whose 13 yo daughter developed a "sun allergy" at age 6, usually worse in May/June before the base is established. Lathering up with 15 or better yet 30 seems to help, by July she's good to go, as she's aged it's less severe each year. Now my niece at age 5 has developed it. Sunscreen is all I can suggest.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.