Year 5, still love you guys!

gboulton

Bronze Supporter
Apr 24, 2012
Nashville, TN
Not terribly active around here these days, but I never forget how amazing this community has been, and still is. There's always folks with a ready answer, useful advice, and kind words. I've lost track now of how many friends' pools I've helped "rescue" with what I've learned form this group, and every year I open, swim, and close with more than a little amazement at how consistent, simple, and effective "all this stuff" is.

5th year of the pool, 5th year of 'the method".

Water's still a bit chilly (21° C this morning) but had our first dip yesterday. Hoping it'll warm up a bit this week in time for our Air Show party next weekend. :)

Adding Borates for the first time this year. Starting slow, no reason to rush. :)

This morning's numbers :

FC - 3.5
CC - 0
pH - 7.6
TA - 90
CYA - 30
Borates - 15ppm

13268216_901010970044939_6936704480264880916_o.jpg

Thanks, gang, and best wishes for a summer full of fun, relaxation, and trouble free pools!

Since we're always about showing off the whole "backyard oasis" around here as well, every so often you may notice a small white building right next to our pool.

This guy :

JVJrPNX.jpg

Houses this guy

6LqBkGL.jpg

Who allows me to produce things like this

NGC_6914_Final.png

---

No...it has nothing whatsoever to do with the pool...but it's part of my oasis and it's fun to show off sometimes. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Now that you have this thing mastered, you should hang out and answer some questions.

LOL not sure I'd say "Mastered", Richard, but you're right...I probably really ought to give something back. :)

Or CLICK HERE to Become a TroubleFreePool.com Supporter!! Just think of all the money TFP has saved you. I know, I'm shameless. :oops:

Ya know what, I should, by golly.

Done. :)

(I forgot to include my forum username, doh! But it's close enough to my real name you ought to be able to figure it out. *heh* )

Last edited:
Well, that picture of the stars is just stunning!!

How much time do you spend with it. Is humidity control a problem in the box??

(Thank you for your contribution. TFP is appreciative.)

Well, that picture of the stars is just stunning!!

Thanks! :)

How much time do you spend with it.

Most of my nebula images like that one represent about 15-20 hours of total camera exposure time, usually over several weeks, due to weather/work/etc. That one in particular was about 12 hours, done over a rare 2 back to back clear nights with good conditions. :)

Is humidity control a problem in the box??

Not really. I mean, once it's opened up to do imaging, I'm at the mercy of whatever the ambient conditions are anyway. We employ various tricks like extendable shields or "dew heaters" (the little black/silver strap at the end of my scope with wires dangling down is my dew heater) to try to keep the lens itself from fogging up, but the equipment generally tolerates dew pretty well.

When it's all closed up, there's just a bucket of DampRid down in the bottom to try to keep stuff from soaking in moisture all day every day.

(Thank you for your contribution. TFP is appreciative.)

:) Richard was quite right...TFP's saved me a ton over the years, both in hard cash terms and in frustration!

Love this kind of post AND you becoming a supporting member! I also saw your post to another person that was very well done. So well done I did not have to do anything so I was able to look you up and see who this person was that was giving out such good advice!

Kim:cat:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I thought it was going to be some kind of new age dog house...then BAM, you go all Very Large Array on us! So cool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.