Wardsntx Pool build

Jay,
I agree with Jason and Divnkd. You can defintely start-up the pool. I could even talk you through it since we have the same builder and basically same equipment. I know one thing that may be on your mind is warranty issues if you do it yourself, but even throwing in something (borax, acid) to get the pH in line and circulating with a submersible pump (or broom, boat paddle) then throwing in chlorine and then circulating will keep algae and bacteria at bay. I doubt that would do anything to your warranty, since your not touching the equipment.

Believe me, I know your pains right now. I hate that Adam has to act like that.

Good Luck!

Basically he told me no check...no startup, no pool school. So now the ball is in his court and I have to pay the last payment and have no leverage to get the items completed that should be.

That stinks. I think it's important to see everything work for a few days or weeks before handing over all the money. My pool has been running for a few weeks now (albeit some things remained on the punch list) and I still have some of my PBs money.

Pool looks great BTW, The Aqua Blue is a great color ;)

I ended up telling my pb that when he decided to deviate from the specs, that I was forced to deviate from the payment schedule...

fortunately, he screwed up enough prior to the final 2 payments, so I had quite a bit of leverage. I told him he wasn't getting another penny until he finished. He bucked like a mule full of green apples, but finally came around...

Most pb's sure don't want their customers to be informed or smart.... and mine hated that I read the Instructions!!

Hang tough, Ward. You'll get it done!!

Thanks guys...my supervisor actually came yesterday evening and did part of the start up himself. Said he never called off the start up guy, and not real sure why he left the job, but he would take care of getting it going.

Today, the start up guy came and finished the job, but I am not sure if everything is good or not. Skimmer 1 has no suction and looks like there is a ton of DE in the bottom...I dug a lot of concrete chunks out, but still nothing...other than that...

POOL IS GREAT!

Glad to hear you got the start-up. I had a bunch of plaster debris (solid, white chunks) in my skimmers and returns that I had to pull out and for about a week or so I would see some in the pump basket. You might have a big enough chunk to be blocking your skimmer line.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.