Wardsntx Pool build

knock, knock, knock at 7:15 am. That's when the decking people arrived this morning. PB followed at 8:15am...finally after another 2 hours plumbers got here and got the gas line for the fire pit run and the deck guy were able to finish the pour!!!!

Here's some pics:

<a>
102_1131.jpg
</a>

<a>
102_1130.jpg
</a>

<a>
102_1128.jpg
</a>

<a>
102_1127.jpg
</a>

<a>
102_1124.jpg
</a>

Kick a** Jay! You might be wet by next weekend!

I had "pool school" today, and the guy was blown away by my knowledge of pool chemistry. He said I knew more than 99.5% of the other people that he has dealt with (that is scary!) He was actually helpful in some ways, though. Very polite, and gave me a few good tips, like not to worry about adding calcium for at least 3 months, and there were a few equipment things he helped me out on. But basically when he was leaving, he was saying "there's really nothing I can teach you".

That is a testament of what this forum can do! You are going to probably do the same with (James is his name, he will be the guy that starts up your pool). BTW, he was impressed with the clarity of my water, also he was all set to put in salt and I said I wanted to wait till 30 days (sept 1st) and he was cool with that, said he'd come back and add salt then.

Looks Great, Good luck!
Dave

I'm packing my suit up right now!

Man! That pool is gonna ROCK! (No pun) :lol:

Thanks everyone..

Dave,

This forum really is great for learning. Jason was out yesterday, and we got on the subject of pool chemistry. I told him I wanted to wait at least 4 weeks before I added salt so the plaster would cure properly. He said that that was a great idea.

Also talked about adding bleach, acid etc...he was kinda "shocked" that I actually knew about water chemistry already.
Kinda scary when you think about how many people are out there putting pools in their backyard and have no clue.

I put a little pressure on him yesterday about getting finished. Told him I had a big fantasy football draft party on the 25th and I wanted to get wet that day. He said he would do what he could...not holding my breath, but it sure would be nice.
Kids are chomping at the bit and the wife is definitely ready to get her feet wet. I guess only time and patience will tell!

Any chance you could take a few more photos of just the slide and waterfall area, all around if possible ?

That is similar to what I have in mind only we will be using Limestone Boulders rather than man made for the waterfall.

I wish I had seen your slide re bar before I had my guys form mine we probably used about 100 Pieces more than needed.

If you don't mind you can email photos to [email protected] or just post here.

Here is a link to my build: http://www.troublefreepool.com/viewtopic.php?t=1710

Also do you have any more details on how they are going to finish the slide surface?

I am planning on Polished Marble Plaster ( Durazzo Sandy Beach ) but looking for options.

Thanks
Ed

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks crabboy! I wish the PB was feeling generous...I mean whats a few hundred extra square feet?

Actually, I added 212 Sqft down the side of our house for my outdoor kitchen (if I can ever find extra money to actually build the thing!)

Today they finished the texturing and building of the slide/waterfall and the accent boulders. It is amazing to think that flume is only gunite and how smoot it is right now. A little sanding to polis, paint for color and seal and eveything will be done on that. Here are a few pics of the work today....

<a>
102_1136.jpg
</a>

<a>
102_1137.jpg
</a>

<a>
102_1138.jpg
</a>

<a>
102_1142.jpg
</a>

<a>
102_1143.jpg
</a>

<a>
102_1141.jpg
</a>

He's here...just replied in one of my posts 8) Maybe he'll come by with more pics!

I love your pool and deck! My kids wanted a slide so bad, but our yard and pool style just wouldn't support one.

Is that exposed aggregate on your deck? Your rock feature reminds me of our last pool.

You guys have created a monster now that I can actually post a pic, LOL!

waterfall1.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.