Gold Supporter
May 12, 2016
Cincinnati, OH
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Made an aerator based on examples in old posts here. Finally seeing some pH increase! Have added soda ash and borax with no change in pH, just alkalinity. So aeration does work. I did detect a small loss in CYA at the same time. I am assuming this is merely variation due to the test method but thought i would ask the forum. i have been getting 50 ppm CYA for several days before the 40 ppm today. And yes, i know i dont normally need to measure it that often, still in newbie mode to TFP method. Thanks

The other reason i ask is because information i received from various pool stores (i know, i know, if i heard it in a pool store it MUST be true. ha ha) trying to talk me into using tabs of trichlor that also contain cya say not to worry about increasing cya because cya is lost by people activity in the pool. hence my thought on aeration effect.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.