Wonderful Surprise!

sark76

Jun 3, 2015
Secaucus, NJ
Hey guys! I just got a huge bonus today when I opened my pool! My landlord said it was the cleanest she's even seen it on opening....I can only say it's because I followed all the steps of the helpful people in this group last year and the Poolmath calculators. All that needs to be done is a slam with a slight PH raise. Other than that TA, CYA, CH....all is perfect and it's almost crystal without any maintenance needed! :D So glad I found this site last year...It helped me all last summer, and apparently following the guidelines here of closing the pool, it's made my life a BOAT LOAD easier already this year! Anyone who hasn't bought the TF-100 test kit is losing...I knew nothing last year and now I feel I could do this for a living. Take my advice...BUY THAT KIT TODAY! It will save you so much heartache...one of the best products I've ever bought "bang for your buck" wise. Even their customer service is great should you have a question. They got back to me same day last year when my CYA mixing tube cap didn't have a pin hole in it. They offered to replace it, but also guided me through the process of making the hole instead. Doesn't seem like a big deal, but when you know NOTHING, it's good to be able to ask questions...whether thats on the phone or in these boards! Cheers...enjoy the photo...it was taken 10 mins after opening just after turning on the filter without vacuuming!

last year opening (before I found TFpool):
20150528_171855_zpsndvwkmq7.jpg

This year opening(after one summer of learning via TFpool):
13327656_10153711462441325_149538429231842308_n_zpsmgqhv2f3.jpg

The man who helped me take the cover off this year used to be a "pool guy" full time, now he just does it on the side...When I was talking to him and taking all my readings he asked me how I knew so much after only taking responsibly of this pool for one summer. I told him about this site and he laughed and said that I learned more in one summer than he did in 10 years on the job. My TDS is still crazy high at 1400 but my CYA was still around 75ish. It's very very hard for me to drain water because I live right on the Hackensack river and the Hackensack river keep (park rangers) are so so strict that they know when I drain too much water. Last year my TDS were 2600....getting them down to 1400 was the best I could possibly do....maybe this year I can get them down even lower....slowly throughout the summer.

You don't need to worry about TDS, we have someone that is around 40,000 and still has clear water, keep the CYA to FC correct and you are good to go :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.