Pump Housing will not fill up with water

Romer

Jun 27, 2015
Little Falls,NJ
Opened the pool and after 24 hours of having the pump running, decided to vacuum. After vacuuming, I tried to restart the pump to filter and problems arose:

My pump will not prime.
I try to fill up the strainer housing with water, but it keeps going down. I tried to close either the main drain, skimmer or both to fill it up and close the lid as fast as I can. By that time 3/4 will remain. Once I turn on the pump, only half of the water remains and stays there. There is good suction on the skimmer and there is some water coming from the return ( no air bubbles. although not as strong as it shoild be). Can not find any air leak. I lubed the O ring on the lid and the drain plugs and unions just in case.

So I thought it might be the filter.
Changed the Sand in the filter. Cleaned the Lateral assembly and the laterals. Found a hairline crack at the bottom of the lateral assembly. Not sure if that would cause this problem.

Pump is clean. Only installed 2 years ago as per previous house owner and sounds fine.

Also my pressure gauge has been on 3-4psi.

Any thoughts?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.