first time pool, summer escape sfs600 pump not working

May 27, 2016
Levittown
Hi guys,

so I have inherited a summer escape pool, it's in great condition and should do me good for this summer to see if owning a pool is actually for our family. Initially, everything seems ok, but the SFS 600 pump is not pulling any water, im sure it's getting power, and its not tripping at the outlet or the plug, could this be repaired? or is it a strict replace, and if so, do i have to replace it with the sfs 600? they seem almost as much as a new pool

any help would be appreciated!

Thanks so much

Welcome to TFP :)

That is how they save money, that is basically an aquarium pump and they just barely work, some don't even make it a year... and the replacement is expensive for what it is

You best bet is switching to an intex pump and filter, it will work better and longer.. here is the replacement pump if you want it F600C GFCI 18 Pump

ok pump, just a little better than what you have
Amazon.com : Intex Krystal Clear Cartridge Filter Pump for Above Ground Pools, 1000 GPH Pump Flow Rate, 110-120V with GFCI : Swimming Pool Water Pumps : Patio, Lawn Garden

middle of the road
Amazon.com : Intex Krystal Clear Cartridge Filter Pump for Above Ground Pools, 2500 GPH Pump Flow Rate, 110-120V with GFCI : Swimming Pool Water Pumps : Patio, Lawn Garden

This one would be great for you, it will filter and put the chlorine in the pool for you, you would have to add salt to the water
Amazon.com : Intex 120V Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump Garden

Pool School - Guide for Seasonal/Temporary Pools

I hope this helps :)

Thanks Cowboy, I appreciate that,

Since the pool is filled, should I add any chemicals to it before the pump arrives? or just let the water sit

Welcome to TFP :)

That is how they save money, that is basically an aquarium pump and they just barely work, some don't even make it a year... and the replacement is expensive for what it is

You best bet is switching to an intex pump and filter, it will work better and longer.. here is the replacement pump if you want it F600C GFCI 18 Pump

ok pump, just a little better than what you have
Amazon.com : Intex Krystal Clear Cartridge Filter Pump for Above Ground Pools, 1000 GPH Pump Flow Rate, 110-120V with GFCI : Swimming Pool Water Pumps : Patio, Lawn Garden

middle of the road
Amazon.com : Intex Krystal Clear Cartridge Filter Pump for Above Ground Pools, 2500 GPH Pump Flow Rate, 110-120V with GFCI : Swimming Pool Water Pumps : Patio, Lawn Garden

This one would be great for you, it will filter and put the chlorine in the pool for you, you would have to add salt to the water
Amazon.com : Intex 120V Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump Garden

Pool School - Guide for Seasonal/Temporary Pools

I hope this helps :)

You don't want water to sit there quiet and stagnant if you can help it, otherwise it may get cloudy with algae quickly. Best bet is to add some stabilizer for a minimum target of 30, and add regular bleach for a day 1-2 target of 3 ppm, then after the stabilizer is dissolved in the water, you can increase FC to about 4-5. If the current pump moves nothing at all, you should be able to get by simply sweeping/brushing the bleach around the pool once or twice once it is poured-in slowly.

To increase CYA via granular stabilizer, place the required amount as calculated by the Poolmath calculator into a white sock and place in the poolside skimmer basket. For those concerned about suction flow to the pump, suspending the sock near a return jet or from a floating device will also suffice. Best never to allow undissolved granules to rest directly against the pool surface. Squeeze the sock periodically to help it dissipate. Once dissolved, consider your CYA adjusted to that programmed (target) level. CYA test readings should show a rise in 24-48 hours, however some pools may experience a longer delay to fully register. Best to confirm final CYA in about 5-7 days before adding any more stabilizer/conditioner.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.