What color tile with Midnight Blue Quartzscapes?

jbailey895

Apr 25, 2016
Carlsbad, CA
So, remodel starts tomorrow for our 15x30 rectangular pool. Midnight blue means the pool will be pretty dark, and our coping will be poured-in-place, probably brown to dark brown (San Diego buff stamped color concrete nearby, so might try to match that).

I'm leaning towards something lighter, to set off the water level from the pool surface, all of the blues seem to disappear with a darker-colored pool. Any suggestions/preferences?

Thanks,
Joel

I went on a totally different direction with my dark finish, I chose black glass tiles, I do love the effect it gives, it looks like the water goes under your deck, it appears to be the shadow of the coping. I love it!

I have a lot of pictures you can take a look

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

first dip 2015.jpg
The dark tile and medium pebble finish (Northshore Caribbean) turned out great for color scheme, not so much for quality of installation. I also liked Midnight Sea (Wet Edge satin) and still would have chosen the dark gray tiles. The outline of the pool is stunning!

Hope that helps. I wish I could have seen more actual pics when I was making decisions, not just the product website.

Great, thanks for the pics and thoughts guys :) Darker-than-pool surface never occurred to me, I was thinking of highlighting the water-level transition from pool surface to coping, but darker just seems to remove the emphasis of the waterline. Interesting thoughts. I was even thinking going completely white or silver, but I haven't seen any examples of that yet. . .

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.