Overlap Liner on new AGP - Do I have a problem and/or can I ....

hdude

May 24, 2016
Duncan, Az
Installed the "Lakota" liner in a new AGP today (15' round - 54" - Doughboy). Pool had/has 24" inches of water and when finished installing the liner I have 6 to 8 inches of "overlap" visible from outside. Over all the liner is centered (plus / minus 1/2" on the cove) and pool is round. Not at all taught, but sure it has been stretched some while filling. Released liner as it filled. What should I do or not do?
1.) Drop more of the liner back into the pool
2.) Leave as is
3.) Trim ? Leaving how much below the liner clip.

Thanks

Attachments

• Overlap Liner at skimmer.jpg
    Overlap Liner at skimmer.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 57
  • Overlap Liner around pool.jpg
    Overlap Liner around pool.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 58
Not sure what I'd do as I don't have much experience with new liners on AGPs, but my first instinct is to say you should be good with that height if the pool has 2 feet of water in it. You could try to fill higher and see if there is any change.

overlaps are easy when installing..I just did one for our 33 foot diameter AGP. you shouldn't have put your top rail on yet...after the pool is filled to just under your overflow you can FOLD UNDER the liner back on itself and retain it in the flexible liner clips that go around the top of your pool. No trimming needed. and it'll be hidden from site then..PLUS, if you ever have a hole or leak..you can drain, patch, and have material to work with has you refill the pool.

you'll want to install your skimmer box when you still have access to the top of the liner, so you can pull it tight while installing the front plate and gasket. otherwise, you'll have some liner sag under the skimmer box.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.