Interest in Hayward Pool Heater

I have one. Have had it connected for about ten years now. The heaters built during the time I bought mine had board problems. Not sure if that problem has been fixed. Other than that, all other problems have been self inflicted.

Thank you Danpik,

It sounds like you have had really good luck with yours. I was eyeing up the RayPak 105,000 but buying it through a plumbing store with their markup + install pushed them out of the running. I spoke Hayward and they said as long as licensed gas fitter/plumber installed warranty would be honored, so I could buy online and save a bit.
My solar works great when the sun shines but alas I live on the "wet" coast and we could go days without sun. I'm basically just looking for something to work with the solar.

Cheers,
R

That is an old Hayward model. The newer Hayward is a FD unit. Go with Raypak. For the extra money get a 266K unit. Should only be a difference of a few hundred. Well worth it.

I will agree with Paul on this one. Most of the luck I have had with mine is that I service home heating systems and some pool heaters. My experience with these things is mostly what is keeping mine going after all these years. Since my first post in this thread I opened my pool and found a problem with the heater. When I turned it on the blower fan sounded like a bike wheel when we were kids and put playing cards in the spokes. Without even opening it up I knew exactly what it was. I will be posting pictures and the repair process later this week. By the way, the fan,motor,housing assembly for this unit runs around $300.00.

Dan

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.