Hi I'm a new guy

May 22, 2016
Ohio
Hi everyone,
Looks like a great forum here I hooe to be a part of!

My name is Eric aka the wife's pool boy lol.
At me old house I had a 24' above ground pool for 10 years and for the most part learned very quickly how to maintain it. 2 years ago we moved and now have a bigger inground pool roughly 16'x30' ish.
For 2 years seem like no biggy just like the old house.
I pulled cover off this week and saw cover had a few holes, locked up pump and a cracked chlorine feeder. Off to a great pool season right? ?

So poured 9 bottles of liquid shock and no have a white film on top of water, yeah...

Anyway that talk is for another thread.

Going to start at your pool school and learn a few more things.

Welcome! :wave:

The lost chlorine feeder is no biggie. Replumb and eliminate it.

If the pump is just a seized motor, they can be replaced without disturbing the pump or the plumbing. Some electrical connections and a few bolts and it slips off.

The water, lots and lots of threads on that. Some good ones with pictures are listed here. Just do what they did. You might notice they all have a FAS-DPD chlorine test. We don't advocate the shotgun approach you've been trying with 9 jugs of bleach and a hope it hits something.

Hi thanks for the welcome, links and info. I just did what I normally do every year and this time it went wrong. But I always like learning so that I will do!
Going out in the morning to get a proper testing kit as I have always used the strips... Kinda scary after reading some threads...after all these years me using strips. Just when I thought I had pool maintenance down.
And do the adventure begins?