$600 Grill

If you could spend just a bit more, I highly recommend a Weber Genesis. Built solidly and Weber stands behind their grills with great customer service. They're more expensive than the other mass market brands but the extra quality is worth it. I used one for 8 years with no problems except the igniter before moving and getting a built in. You have to spend much more to get better quality than Weber.

I bought the Weber E310 last spring and I love it.
I usually dont entertain parties of more than 6 and the 310 will handle that easy enough.

If you need a bigger grill, then the Genesis is the ticket.

check out YouTube videos for both models.

I second the Weber Genesis recommendation. It's a bit more than $600 but they last forever and if you ever need parts, they're readily available.

I got tired of buying $200-300 grills that fall apart in a few years. I've had the Weber Genesis for 3 years and its as good as new.

You will often find Weber grills still in service 10-15 years after purchase.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I think the size is the main difference. Lowes has them and you can have a look side by side. One very noticable difference other than size of them, is the weight of the lid. The genesis lid is much heavier than the one on the spirit and I dont think its just because it's bigger. Im pretty sure its made of heavier gauge steel. Very likely the bottom pan is heavier too.

Having said that though, unless you need a Big grill, I dont think you'll be disappointed with the Spirit at all.

Equipment Review: Best Gas Grills Under $500 - YouTube

Def going with a Weber.

Is the size the main difference between the Spirit E310 and the Genesis?

I want to get a cover too, so that really puts the Genesis over my budget.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Weber all the way. Mine is under the cover. Smoked a delicious brisket lastnight too on the Sams pellet smoker.
8add5a78aaf3fd9e05c11810bd2fcb33.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

I second staying away from the CharBroil Tru-infrared . Gets really hot and does a nice steak but will smoke out a patio in 2 seconds flat. Also about 3 weeks in the porcelain coated grates started rusting. I have a neighbor with a Traeger pellet grill and if I had it to over again I would get one of those.

If you could spend just a bit more, I highly recommend a Weber Genesis. Built solidly and Weber stands behind their grills with great customer service. They're more expensive than the other mass market brands but the extra quality is worth it. I used one for 8 years with no problems except the igniter before moving and getting a built in. You have to spend much more to get better quality than Weber.
This... Rated #1 by consumers reports

Starting day 5/25/2015 INTEX AGP 24'x12'x54" 8400 gal, with salt and borax, INTEX 16"sand filter, WM Hayward Skimmer, Intex SWG CG-28669, 1 1/2" hard plumbed PVC, Lil' Shark Vacuum With Leaf Canister, TF100 test kit, speed stir, K-1766 Taylor salt test

I have a Genesis S-330 (I never use the side burner fyi). It's ok. It's really not enough BTU for me and it's starting to rust and crack already after about 2 years but nothing major. I've smoked on it and it's done pretty well (turkey, pork shoulder, brisket). It actually does better for slow and low then for high temp searing due to the lack of BTUs. If I could go back I would have paid extra for the Summit (much higher BTU). I also bought the rotisserie which I used once and didn't like (chicken was unevenly cooked, etc..). I do highly recommend getting grill lights though.

Like someone already said, the discrepancy in price between the Weber grills and the more premium models are fairly large so Weber is a good mid-tiered grill at a reasonable price. Also, I miss charcoal cooking, I used to have a $70 dollar black weber kettle and I absolutely loved it, but the gas is so much more convenient.

I've heard the difference between the E and S series is the manufacturing. E is made in China and S is made here... or something about the steel, I forget. http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/news/2015/05/the-best-gas-grills-made-in-america/index.htm

If you can afford it I think you'll find that the S-330 is recommended everywhere for a great price/performance ratio.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.