Over the wall Skimmer

I have the same pool and configured it with one over the wall skimmer. I have a 2100gph sand filter that I am not sure it's strong enough for the pool. But it will do for now. On my old pool, 14x42, the set up worked perfectly.

For the new style Intex Pools there is one return from the pump to the pool and two outlets from the pool to the pump. I believe it has to do with a specific law involving the safety of children. If the outlet is divided into two, each is about half the suction one would be. Mine are connected as they should be through a "Y" type configurating from the pool to an Intex Plunger valve were it turns back into one hose to the pump. See the right of the attached image .
image.jpg

I have blocked one of the outlets with a plug provided by Intex, so only one of the outlets functions. Vacuum works good. Over the wall skimmer works very good. Very happy with the results. I never have the pump on when we're in the pool. But it really doesn't matter because the skimmer is always connected to the functioning outlet.

The plug looks the this, but it's black and has no hole in it..
image.jpg
View attachment 48931

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.