Replacing motor on Superpump.

A.O. Smith 1 HP Full Rate Two Speed Motor W/ Timer - Round Flange (B975T,B2975T) - INYOPools.com

I'm considering replacing my 1 HP Super Pump motor with this. Any thoughts? Thanks

I was in the same situation as you and the folks at Inyo pools suggested this motor as well. I almost went with it but then decided to upgrade to the VS motor (A.O. Smith 1.65 HP Variable Speed Pool Pump Motor Round Flange - ECM16CU - INYOPools.com
) for $80 dollars more. It was easy to install - used the existing pump - and took my about 1 1/2 hours to do. I really took my time and took the pumps parts out and made sure everything was in good shape. I also ordered the salt water tune up kit as they recommended but did not install it. Think I'll return it.

Go with the VS pump. In my case, I would have had to do more work to install a timer for the 2 speed setting on the motor and I didn't want to fool with that. BTW, you also have to purchase the switch separately with the two speed if I'm not mistaken so that's an additional expense. When it was said and done, it was just easier to get the VS motor.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.