WetEdge Warrantee requires Pool Store "Professional" Testing Monthly

IrwinK

Apr 25, 2016
Orlando, FL
Looking ahead to the eventual day my pool under construction gets Plastered and Filled, I see a potential problem with the Warranty.

It requires me to save "Professional" testing reports every month.

Ugh!!!! This means a visit to the Pool Store monthly. :(

When I got my Pool Construction Estimates I asked the PBs about this and got many different answers ranging from you must get the report to test with your test kit & keep a journal.

My PB told me do whatever you want as "All Warranties are BS".

What should I do?

My thoughts are to let my "Professional" PB do the start up and testing and follow up with my :testkit:TF-100 testing and keep a logbook.

Won't cost anything to get the monthly "Professional" Pool Store test as I will keep a firm grip on my wallet except to buy some liquid chlorine.

Could be. I didn't have that issue. I even worked with a Wet Edge representative before I went with their product.

Professionally tested? I'll go get someone to pay me occasionally to check their pool. Once I'm being paid, I'm a pro, right? I sure the he11 know better how to do my testing than some teenager that has never owned a pool at some stupid store.

Do I sound bitter yet? :)

Warranties are only as good as the installer/company that honors them. And yes, most of the major plaster suppliers (Wet Edge, PebbleTek, etc) will all require a log of testing from "professionals" (Read the fine print). You will find that, like most warranty programs, if you have a major problem in the out-years, they will all try to throw the blame back on to you. Minor problems and initial installation defects will likely be taken care of, but any major claims will be fought tooth & nail
no matter how meticulous your records are.

TFPs recommended levels and ranges do not comport with industry standards (specifically FC and TA). So if you choose to get a monthly record, you're water sample is always going to be reported as "off" in some way.

Installers come and go. They are as bad or worse than roofing companies who suddenly pop up after a hail storm. Wet Edge told me they will stand behind the product even if the installer disappears. Of course, that's before I need it, but with any luck I'll never have to find out if they have lied or not.

Sorry, but I don't see a problem. Especially in Orlando Pool stores sell liquid chlorine in bulk. Buy your chlorine there and let them test the water.

There is really noting in the TFP methods that are bad for the water. Just for giggles I take my water and get it tested every once & a while. They give m a pretty print out that says my water is being maintained right about in the middle of their recommendations for every parameter except FC.

FC - I'm at 5 Most pool store employees just look and say just shocked the pool, huh...
pH - 7.6 OK
TA - 60 They want to sell me pounds of fancy baking soda, but I decline. It's still at the bottom of their range
CH - 350 OK
CYA - 60 OK

What am I missing?

Now, on a different topic. You list "Inline Chlorinator - SWG later" in your signature. Are you planning to chlorinate with pucks all the time? Are you aware of the CYA issues with inline chlorinators?

I'll have to call WetEdge and explain TFP testing that I will be doing.

But I can't call them until after the PB is done and out of here.

PB explicitly told me "Don't ever call any of my Subcontractors" This was after I called his Engineer with a question about the plumbing. Do I sound bitter about PBs? :grrrr:

Hope someone has had discussions with WetEdge about the warranty. I didn't find anything searching so I started this thread.

Don't get me started with PBs. My waterline tile is falling off yet again. I bashed the PB here because he wouldn't answer his phone. He finally called and said I was killing his business and fixed the tile, but it's again falling off. He told me that they no longer do tile because they are not a tile company. But I just talked to someone here that used them and they did their tile. They are all liars and crooks as far as I'm concerned.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.