Wet Edge Prism Matrix inconsistent color

I had Wet Edge Prism Matrix (Deep Sea Blue color) installed in our new 40' x 20' pool last year. I went with this expensive product because I was told that it wouldn't fade like many other more "standard" plaster products in darker hues. It is nice overall but I'm rather disappointed because the color is inconsistent throughout the pool. There's considerable white streaking and blotchiness all over the bottom of the pool detracting from the gorgeous dark blue color. My pool company tells me that this is normal but when I look at videos online of the same color installed in pools I don't see any color inconsistencies. This problem was noticeable only in one area upon completion last August but has gotten considerably worse since then.
They tell me that this is the white plaster pool surface bleeding through the Wet Edge product and that in order to resolve I would have to empty the pool and use acid to remove the excess plaster. Funny thing is that this is not occurring at all on the sides of the pool, only the bottom. I need to contact the company directly to get some advice on alternatives (other than emptying the pool) on how to resolve. Anybody experience similar issues? If so, what can be done to resolve? Thanks!

Thank you for the information, hopefully it's just calcium scale that isn't permanent. I don't think it is (because calcium scale looks whiter and more pronounced versus faded) but if it is calcium scale, is there any way to remove without draining pool?

Lower pH than normal (7.0-7.2) and time are the best, but some have had some success with brushing it off too. A little stainless steel brush works best in my experience. Thankfully I don't have to deal with that anymore though. :)

Can you post a complete set of test results please?

Lower pH than normal (7.0-7.2) and time are the best, but some have had some success with brushing it off too. A little stainless steel brush works best in my experience. Thankfully I don't have to deal with that anymore though. :)

Can you post a complete set of test results please?

I am completely new to this and am using a LaMotte ColorQ electronic test kits. I ran two tests today and here are the results from each test:
FCL 6.56 / 5.7
TCL 6.69 / 5.85
PH 7.6 / 7.6
ALY 148 / 157
CH 173 / 165
CYA 2 / 2

One other question, is there an easy way to determine what's needed based upon these numbers? LaMotte has a paid service where you type in the numbers and your pool size (our pool has approximately 35,000 gallons of water) but it's a paid subscription service and might be overkill what my needs. Thanks again!

We have Poolmath, link right up there ^^^^ for free! Poolmath will also calculate a CSI score for you.

Keeping the CSI at -0.5 to -0.6 and brushing the scale will help, slowly over time. Keeping it between 0 and -0.3 will prevent scale.
More on scale here, Pool School - Calcium Scaling
and on CSI here, Langelier and Calcite Saturation Indices (LSI and CSI)

Read some pool school on how to maintain you water, start here, Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

The ColorQ has lots of reports of inconsistent test results. The TF100 from TFTestkits.net is the test kit I have been using for 4 years. Great kit.

You can add your pool info to your signature as shown here, Pool School - Read This Before You Post

Is that enough for now? :) Come back for more later.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.