Avon Park, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Here are my first test readings. I am using the BBB method with bleach. I know it said I need to get the TA between 70 and 90 with the pool calculator and I am working on that now. Should I still sanitize with bleach today since the FC is 4?
FC 4
pH 7.6
TA 110
CYA 45

duraleigh said:
Assuming your water looks great, you'll need to keep your FC up around that range all Summer. The best way to do that is to normally add about 2ppm daily and then adjust accordingly.

Does the pool calculator figure the ppm for daily sanitizing with bleach? Also, if my FC is 4 when I checked it this morning should I add bleach or wait to check it again in the morning to see if it drops? Oh yeah, I almost forgot, since I live in FL and we have been getting heavy rains, do I raise FC to shock level or just keep it at normal level?

With a CYA of 45, your range is about 4 to 6 and NEVER below 4. So if you are at 4 now, you need to add some bleach now aiming just beyond your target for 7 or 8.

Most of us check our FC levels in the evening and add our maintenance dose (after the sun is off the pool).

So, add some bleach now and aim for 7 or 8. This evening, recheck and add enough to get to 7 or 8.

Link in my sig for the CYA/Chlorine Chart.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.