Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Test Readings

1. Back To Top    #1

Test Readings

Here are my first test readings. I am using the BBB method with bleach. I know it said I need to get the TA between 70 and 90 with the pool calculator and I am working on that now. Should I still sanitize with bleach today since the FC is 4?
    FC 4
    pH 7.6
    TA 110
    CYA 45
    15200 Gallon, Vinyl, Cartridge Filter 100 GPM, SWG

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Test Readings

Those numbers look good. There isn't any need to lower the TA. You only need to lower TA if you are actually having a problem with PH drifting up too quickly.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Should I still sanitize with bleach today since the FC is 4?
    Assuming your water looks great, you'll need to keep your FC up around that range all Summer. The best way to do that is to normally add about 2ppm daily and then adjust accordingly.
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by duraleigh
    Assuming your water looks great, you'll need to keep your FC up around that range all Summer. The best way to do that is to normally add about 2ppm daily and then adjust accordingly.
    Does the pool calculator figure the ppm for daily sanitizing with bleach? Also, if my FC is 4 when I checked it this morning should I add bleach or wait to check it again in the morning to see if it drops? Oh yeah, I almost forgot, since I live in FL and we have been getting heavy rains, do I raise FC to shock level or just keep it at normal level?
    15200 Gallon, Vinyl, Cartridge Filter 100 GPM, SWG

5. Back To Top    #5

With a CYA of 45, your range is about 4 to 6 and NEVER below 4. So if you are at 4 now, you need to add some bleach now aiming just beyond your target for 7 or 8.

Most of us check our FC levels in the evening and add our maintenance dose (after the sun is off the pool).

So, add some bleach now and aim for 7 or 8. This evening, recheck and add enough to get to 7 or 8.

Link in my sig for the CYA/Chlorine Chart.
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!