Suction line question

Jul 7, 2014
atco/nj
20160526_210248.jpg

Do you think it will work to thread a piece in the top part of this pipe and use it as my vacuum line. If i shut off the valves, i should be able to hook up a vacuum line to get better suction for vacuuming. Not to mention the stuff i'm sucking up wont be going through my piping underground. Thoughts?

It may work but it is going to be a pain to fill it with water or to prime the pump, is it not working through the skimmer?

There are no bubbles in the pump box when not vacuuming. So i figure I have few cracks in the vac hose. The pool used to have 2 returns and a vacuum line. I made the vac line a return to get better circulation in the pool. When that line was there, vacuuming was quick. Now going through the skimmer it takes almost double the time and i have to agitate the sand under the vacuum head to get it picked up. Which of course leaves some in the pool. I'm thinking if I put a designated line back in, I will get the full suction of the pump which = better suction and cleaning.

Shorter the distance from the pump the stronger the suction. If you'd like to add a vacuum side from the female you surely can, just remember you'll have to prime that with a a hose or whatever before starting the pump

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.