Pool looks like its being rocked by a constant earthquake...

Stomp

May 13, 2009
Orange County, CA
Yesterday I had my Intelliflo VF installed. The installer hadn't programmed one before, so I gave it a go after he left. IIRC I set the pool size at 31k gallons and the run time at 22 hours. This equates to approx. 25gpm and 150 watts (eureka!). I did set function 3 to run for 30 minutes at 50 gpm during one of the off hours (late in the evening) to try to get it to do a skim, though seems like even at 25gpm it's skimming ok.

So the thing is my pool now has little ripples/waves. Not so much like a rock being thrown in, but rather more like a gentle rocking that would almost be caused by an earthquake. On top of that I noticed small bubbles in the skimmer.

I know this can't be good (or at least ideal), and I was hoping one of you pros could give me a guess on what the diagnosis might be.

Adding a random photo of the pool so you have an idea of what I'm dealing with. Built in approx. 1978, one drain, a handful of jets (not sure how many), and something like spinners that don't work for cleaning.

Picture%20067

Thanks,

Derek

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.