Tristar VS to Aqua-Plus connection

Abalak

Apr 19, 2016
Hillsdale NJ
I have a Tristar VS (SP3200VSP) pump and Aqua-Plus control system. Since VSP model according to manual can't be connected via data cable, I'm trying to enable relay controls.
So current wiring is as follow.

230V supply connected directly to breaker as amendment to manual suggests.
Filter Relay connected to Port 1 of the pump's Digital input .
Aux-1 to Port 2
Aux-2 to Port 3
Com of the Digital Input connected to Com of the RS485 and +12V goes to all relays.

Pump's Dip Switches are 1,2 ON, 3,4,5 OFF.

So exactly as manual suggests.

Speeds configured and Pump set to Relay Control.

When I'm trying to set Aqua-Plus to Variable Speed Pump I get "VSP Comm Error" and only other settings I have are 1 and 2 speed, that does not seem to be correct settings for my case.

Any suggestions what I've missed?

Also, is it possible to completely disconnect pumps control panel and connect via data cable to automation system?

Thanks in advance.

Welcome to TFP :)

This may be a question for tech support, it may be a while before someone that knows what you are trying to do comes along.. just wanted to say HI :)

The Tristar model number SP3200VSPND is the correct one to use with automation. For AquaPlus, you need software revision v 2.65 or newer.

The 4 wire RS485 plug has an A and B connection. Wire A to black 2 in the controller and B to yellow 3 in the controller and set all of the dip switches to off.

I know, that I've got a wrong model, but it is what it is. I'm totally fine with relay control of the pump, that should be supported, but looks like there is no correct options to select in Aqua-Plus menu or I'm missing something.

Tech Support refuses to talk about wiring over the phone :(

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.