Planning a party. New to SWG

Newpoolcrazy

LifeTime Supporter
May 15, 2015
La Porte, TX
So I have my pool almost where I want it, but still trying to find the sweet spot for generating FC.

Right now I'm at:
FC 7
CC 0
Ph 7.6
TA 90
CYA 75
CH 180 (tho with vinyl, I haven't checked it lately)

If this were still chlorine alone, I'd know what to do, but I'm too new to SWG and don't want to take chances.

Should I bump up chlorine before "big swim" or do it after? And if so, should I just use bleach to give it a good bump? My SWG has a "Supergenerate" option. Is it better to use that? If so, before or after and for how long? We will have 5-6 kids, and 15 adults although not all adults will swim.

I wanted to be a help this year instead of a pest, but this is a last minute thing.

All advice appreciated.
:confused:

Yes, bump it up before and check again after. The SWCG is great for maintaining, but use the liquid for these out of the norm situations. Higher bather load means higher chlorine usage. You'd hate that it got below the recommended FC level and then have to fight an algae bloom. This is one of those situations where an ounce of prevention is much cheaper than the cure.
CYA of 75 never go below 4 with a SWG, Normal Range sis 6-11 Shock is 29 and Mustard Algae Shock is 42. You can swim up to shock levels. Maybe bump it up to 11, and test at the end of the day, and recheck.

Perfect! That's exactly what I needed to know. Thanks so much!

Yes, bump it up before and check again after. The SWCG is great for maintaining, but use the liquid for these out of the norm situations. Higher bather load means higher chlorine usage. You'd hate that it got below the recommended FC level and then have to fight an algae bloom. This is one of those situations where an ounce of prevention is much cheaper than the cure.
CYA of 75 never go below 4 with a SWG, Normal Range sis 6-11 Shock is 29 and Mustard Algae Shock is 42. You can swim up to shock levels. Maybe bump it up to 11, and test at the end of the day, and recheck.

And, just FYI, you can turn it down some after the party. You can run in the 4-5 range quite safely

(I am typing this as I see the "pool guy" drive up the driveway across the street... if my neighbor only knew better...)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.