Buying Mule Team Borax...

taekwondodo

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 26, 2009
This is ridiculous!!!...

Got - 4 boxes from Safeway... (all they had)
Got - 8 boxes from Target... (all they had)
Got - 6 boxes from the other Safeway... (all they had))
Got - 6 boxes from the other Target...(all of them)

Up to 24 boxes.

Wife's on her way to get more from the WalMart... Will have that count in about an hour.

I need ~30 boxes total.

If anyone in my area needs Borax for any reason, they may need to wait a week ;)

- Jeff

Now I'm Pi**ed.

Was short on acid. Needed 4 more gallons. So, I goes to "The Borg" (Home Depot) and grab EIGHT gallons so I could have a couple extra, just-in-case.

Then I pour it in - and... wait, this doesn't smell like it should. It's fainterrrrr (looks at label...........) $$%##@####@#*%*^*& - Its not 37% HLC, but 14%!!! And I paid more for 2 gallons of 14% than I would have at Leslie's for 2 gallons of 37%.

Grrrrrrr... And now everything's closed.

- Jeff

The POOL IS NOW BORATED!!!

just added 6 mor boxes for a value of (according to TPC) 49ppm borate - looks like 50 on my test strip.

pH is a little low, so I'll add one more box over the weekend.

Coolio...

How low is a little low? If your ph is 7.0 or above I would stop where you are and wait a few days and retest pH. I think you will find it will be in range.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Now I've got 8 screaming 12-13 year-olds in the pool... Cannon-ball contests, etc... If there's going to be a pH rise, it should be today... and a boatload of Cl to shock their usage out tonight. The readings around 9pm should be interesting (wish I would have tested it before they all got started...).

- Jeff

IF you brought the TA to the range I recommended in my guide to adding borates then you should find that your pH will coast at aoun 7.7 for an extended period of time. When the pH climbs above 7.8 add acid but don't bring it lower than about 7.5. The lower you bring the pH the faster it will rise.

I am short one box of borax and was hosed by the acid home depot sold me (and just didn't do the math when I was close to done). I could add another box w/o harm. 1-2 boxes ought to get me into the 7.5 range. That is if Gilroy has resupplied after my raids throughout the week ;)

With as much splashing as there was today, there wasn't a rise at all in pH - still at 7.2. But (most) of the kids are gone and I'm dawg tired. Those that are left are all going to see the MONSTER JAM tomorrow!

I may yet live through the weekend.

- Jeff

No, I meant did you get your TA in and pH in the ranges I said in my guide BEFORE you added the borax? If you followed my guide it should have all worked out just fine without any probems.

I was at T/A of 80 and pH of 7.5 when I started.

Again, what threw me off I think was the HD 10% acid, and I may have over compensated by a ~gallon of 30% at the end because I had to get more from Leslie's.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.