Maybe should be in this thread. Bleach question

Aug 10, 2010
Ok so I have a couple options for getting some bleach.

Option 1 2.5 gallon jerry jugs of bleach 12.5% for $10.95 each. I asked and the bleach was made a week ago. They make their own bleach on site.

Option 2: Go to Ocean state Job Lot and buy the 4 gallon case at $12.00 also 12.5% Just not sure when made etc.

Opening the pool so will be doing the SLAM process.

Cheers!

Thanks in advance for any and all advice.

Unless the on-site folks can provide some certification of concentration, pH and contamination sources, I'd opt for the Ocean State stuff.

Chlorine bleach can be highly susceptible to degradation if the pH is not properly adjusted or if there are metal contaminants like iron. A place that makes it "on-site" is not likely to have good quality control methods in place.

$11 for 2.5gal ($4.40/gal) vs. $12 for 4gal ($3/gal)? Seems like an easy decision to me. Plus, 1g jugs are easier to carry and pour (I have used both, depending on the prices).

$11 for 2.5gal ($4.40/gal) vs. $12 for 4gal ($3/gal)? Seems like an easy decision to me. Plus, 1g jugs are easier to carry and pour (I have used both, depending on the prices).

Thank you will be going to Ocean State after work. Just wasn't sure if the one that was made last week would be better off and warrant the higher cost of the cheaper brand.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.