Starting from Scratch, Drained and starting over

Oct 8, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Drained and powerwashed my pool yesterday.
Filled my pool last night.
Turned my pump on this morning. Let it run an hour before doing water test.
Taylor 2006 kit and an Aquacheck phosphate test kit.

Before drain numbers
FC 0
pH 7.4
TA 140
CH 750
CYA 220
Phos > 1000

After Drain and Fill
FC 1
pH 7.9
TA 140
CH 250
CYA 0
Phos <200

Where do I go from here?
We drained the pool as lower as it could go without damaging the pump.
I know I need to add CYA I don't have a problem buying liquid to get it up fast enough to hold Chlorine. Is there any difference of brand?
We are giving up on tabs and switching to BBB method.
We have Calcium build up on tile and would like to lower the ph to 7.2 to help with that.
We took a class on swimming pool construction many years ago and was told not put more than 2 cups of Muriatic Acid a day.
We had this pool built 12 years ago.

Thoughts? Order of operation and adding chemicals into the pool?

Paul

Paul,

Nice job, How does your water look?

take your CYA to 30 to start out, you may need to take it to 40 or 50 because of your location but you can start at 30

If cloudy you may want to SLAM, let us know

I have poured a whole gallon of MA in at once, as long as your pump is running on high and you pour in front of the return and brush afterwards you will be fine
Bring your PH to 7.2 using poolmath above :)

Welcome to the forum. :wave:
Still haven't added anything to it.
Why not? Start to get your levels in order. We normally take pH first, then CYA and then FC.

TA and CH can wait for fine tuning later.

PoolMath tells you exactly how to dose your pool to achieve desired results. I would bring it up top speed before algae starts to form.

All I have on hand right now are trichlor tabs, liquid bleach, and acid. Waiting for my car to get back so I can get to the store. Need to get the CYA to add to it. Planning on purchasing liquid. How long should I wait to test levels? after I add it how long until I add chlorine?

Thanks for your help.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.