Considering Hot Tub

Jul 29, 2013
So I've been following the BBB method of maintaining my pool for a couple of years now and appear to have it down good. Now I'm considering getting a Hot tub but am confused with all the discussions on should i use Chlorine or Salt Water or Bromine.

Do i get an ozonator

Are they more difficult to maintain?

I've heard Chlorine does not work as good due to the high temps and it gases off more and causes more skin irritation.

Comments or suggestions as the Trouble Free recommended way to go?

You can use either. Ozonators can be helpful for breaking down waste products in heavily or frequently used spas. Chlorine and bromine are just as effective when maintained properly. I will say that my spa is more work than my pool to maintain because of the size, average temperature and relative bather waste load when it is used. I am strongly considering adding an in-spa SWG system to maintain the spa more easily.

I love my hot tub and use it every day from sep to apr.. I went through using bromine (could never get it to work), then to chlorine (worked great but daily additions needed and I am not good at that) and then went SWG because, well, it works and adds daily for me :)

Because I know what its at once the water is balanced I test 1 to 2 times a week, I hit the superchlor on the SWG after I get out and it kicks it up to 24 minutes chlorine instead of the 12 minutes every 3 hours :)

Once a month I bring my water to SLAM level and let drift down over a couple days just to burn off anything.. I still have the ozanator on but once it dies I will unplug it..

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.