Manual Pool Cleaners

BigCTM

Jul 6, 2015
Collierville
Our automatic pool cleaner all of a sudden has a mind of its own and will not travel the entire pool. It seems to want to stay in certain areas. It does clean where it travels but will just not travel over the entire pool. After 6 hours of experimenting and trying to fix it, I am ready to invest in a manual pool cleaner. Our automatic pool cleaner is by Goby and is only a little over 1 year old so I am not ready to invest in another one right now. We have a cheap manual one that came with our pool but it was free and probably not worth that if you know what I mean.

Can someone suggest a good manual pool cleaner? I have seen some of the battery operated ones but not sure if they are worth the investment. Our pool has a vinyl liner and saltwater system. Thanks for any suggestions.

The best "manual pool cleaner" I can think of is a Whale Wall brush, but I think you are talking vacuum? I can get really good results by doing nothing but brushing my pool, the filter takes care of the rest.

By "manual", I'm guessing you mean a vac that you push by hand with an attached pole, so you can vacuum up stuff you see. I did research on this topic for my detached spa and did a ton a reading on Water Tech vacuums, which have rechargeable batteries. You can do a search on the site. These type of vacuums are polarizing, love or hate. Also, you have to very meticulous in your maintenance of them as the electronics will fry if you get any water into the battery chamber. They range from very cheap to kinda pricey.

By "manual", I'm guessing you mean a vac that you push by hand with an attached pole, so you can vacuum up stuff you see. I did research on this topic for my detached spa and did a ton a reading on Water Tech vacuums, which have rechargeable batteries. You can do a search on the site. These type of vacuums are polarizing, love or hate. Also, you have to very meticulous in your maintenance of them as the electronics will fry if you get any water into the battery chamber. They range from very cheap to kinda pricey.
Yes. This is what I am talking about. I will check these out. Thanks.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

Anyone else have suggestions for a decent manual vacumm for sediment/dirt? We're also looking for an option, since our infloor system is non-functional at this point and will likely need hundreds of dollars of parts to replace the missing pieces.

We'd also like a good quality manual vac. that's inexpensive, as we hope to get the infloor system working, but it's not in the cards to do so yet.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.