Pecan tree Pollen and white scale

Fiat

Jul 21, 2008
Does anyone have a solution for dealing with Pecan tree Pollen in their pool?
I get on the walls at this time of year.

Also I have noticed a white scale at the spillway from the spa to the pool it where the wind blown water hits the copping tile.

Welcome to TFP! Beautiful pool :goodjob:

If you post a full set of results, we can help you figure out the scale issue. As for the pollen, try skimmer socks (or knee-high pantyhose).

Please update your signature to include your pool info/specs....Go to User Control Panel, then Profile, then Edit Signature. You are allowed 5 lines of text. :wink:

Hi Fiat and welcome :wave:

Another 'yes' for the skimmer socks (skimmer screens). You will notice a huge difference.

The AquaChem skimmer screens from Wallyworld are my fav :mrgreen:

I looked at your pool pic and it is beautiful 8)

Fiat said:
Does anyone have a solution for dealing with Pecan tree Pollen in their pool?
I get on the walls at this time of year.

Also I have noticed a white scale at the spillway from the spa to the pool it where the wind blown water hits the copping tile.

Ok I'm back as fiat-22 don't ask. So I think I figured out that it was mustard algae. Shocked it and added a algae killer.

after 24 HR here are my readings
FC=11
CC=0
TC=5
PH=7.8
T/A=155
CH=32
CYA=80
TEMP=86
Pool is 18000 gal. One question is should I run the waterfall pump? It look liked algae was growing in the strainer. Can algae grow in the piping?
Here is pic of the scale. Any thoughts? After 36 hours the water is still a little cloudy

Ok cleaned the filter added water as it was a little low. Readings after 36 Hr.
FC=8.5
CC=0
TC=5
PH=7.8
T/A=130
CH=32
CYA=50
TEMP=86

Thanks for the help in advance

Sam

Yes, you should run the waterfall for at least an hour a day while your FC level is high. Algae can't really grow in the dark, but it can live in the pipes for quite some time and then reinfect the pool.

I would bring the FC level back up to shock level. With CYA at 80, it takes quite a bit of chlorine to be sure you killed all the algae.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.