Not understanding my K-2006

MrDude

May 8, 2009
Tracy,California
Well I have read the manual but my still sorta lost on the Chlorine test....heres the part what does this mean....I do know about the 25ml or 10ml marks the the tube.

Chlorine (Free, Combined) Test

1. Rinse and fill large comparator tube to desired mark
with water to be tested.

NOTE: For 1 drop = 0.2 ppm, use 25 mL sample.?????????
For 1 drop = 0.5 ppm, use 10 mL sample.????????????

MrDude said:
Well I have read the manual but my still sorta lost on the Chlorine test....heres the part what does this mean....I do know about the 25ml or 10ml marks the the tube.

Chlorine (Free, Combined) Test

1. Rinse and fill large comparator tube to desired mark
with water to be tested.

NOTE: For 1 drop = 0.2 ppm, use 25 mL sample.?????????
For 1 drop = 0.5 ppm, use 10 mL sample.????????????

fill the tube to either 10 or 25ml

put in 2 scops of the powder and mix

put in drops of the 0871 until the water goes from pink to clear. Make sure you keep count of the drops. Multiply the drops by either .2 if you used 25ml of water or .5 if u used 10ml. that is your free chlorine.

Ok so here are my first results using k2006

FC 1.4
CC 0.6
PH 7.4
TA 110
CYA 20-25 ...this one was very close to the top and a could barely see the black dot
CH 250

go easy on me...its my first pool :mrgreen:

Also did a check using my Aquachek handheld for comparison

CL 0.0
PH 7.3
ALK144

The next step is to get some chlorine in the pool. Since your CC level is slightly high, you should bring your FC level up a little high, perhaps 5 to 7 and then see if the CC level drops down quickly to some more reasonable level.

You should also raise CYA up, probably raise it by 20 to somewhere around 40 to 50.

TA and CH are fine for now.

It would help if you could put the basic specs of your pool in your signature.

JasonLion said:
The next step is to get some chlorine in the pool. Since your CC level is slightly high, you should bring your FC level up a little high, perhaps 5 to 7 and then see if the CC level drops down quickly to some more reasonable level.

You should also raise CYA up, probably raise it by 20 to somewhere around 40 to 50.

TA and CH are fine for now.

It would help if you could put the basic specs of your pool in your signature.

Thanks Jason I will add some bleach . Hope my specs help now.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.