Jandy CV460 Cartridge Filter - Issue with Clamp Ring Knob Assembly

Jun 16, 2015
Voorhees, NJ
I have a Jandy CV460 Filter. I took it apart today to clean the cartridges. I realized that my pool company did not put the clamp ring knob assembly on properly. The piece that is supposed to sit vertically was installed horizontally. They also had a gap larger than 1/16". They tightened it so much that I can't get the knob portion off of the threaded rod. I held the threaded rod with pliers, and I tried turning the bolt with a socket wrench. It won't budge…the rod just spins. Are there any tricks I can use? I'm wondering if I should just order a new part on Amazon. I was thinking about trying to use a vice and see if I could tighten the clamp ring on the filter, so that the gap is smaller. That may allow me to slip the assembly rod into place.

This is a picture of the product: Amazon.com: Zodiac R0357500 Clamp Ring Knob Assembly with Threaded Rod and Retainer Replacement for Select Zodiac D.E. and Cartridge Pool and Spa Filters: Patio, Lawn Garden

Sometimes putting a double nut on the end of threaded rod and tightening them against each other will allow your to turn the brass nut. If there is room for the nuts. But, I can't figure out how in the wide, wide world of sports they put that together wrong. :crazy:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.