Nazareth, PA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool Core-55
OK, maybe not my LIFE, but TFP definitely saved me money and my Memorial Day weekend!! Allow me to explain....

I joined the TFP site back in October, 2009 amidst the construction of my first ever IGP (or any pool for that matter). Knowing nothing and feeling completely new to the topic of pool ownership and maintenance, I dubbed myself "tim_pool_newbie" for my username. I suddenly found myself engrossed in reading all the forum posts and every article I could find in the Pool School on pool chemistry, general maintenance, and of course the BBB method. This will now be my 6th summer of pool ownership and I will admit I don't visit this site as often anymore, but simply because I have put into practice everything I have learned here on this site, and I just don't find reasons to look things up anymore. Instead, I suffer from a severe case of SPARKLY-POOL-ITIS!! Perhaps it's time to change my username!! But trust me, at the first sign of problems, Trouble Free Pool is the first place I go for information.

This past week is a perfect example. After opening my pool on my own as I usually do, and knowing my Polaris 360 wasn't performing like it used to, I started reading TFP forum articles on the topic, to confirm if the "tune-up kit" I had previously heard of was worth the effort. Hearing that it seemed to be, I ordered it, spent a night rebuilding my unit and once again had a pretty good working pool cleaner (I'm still hoping to replace it next year with a robot, but that's another story!!).

All was well until about 2 days later when I noticed the Polaris 360 sitting on the bottom of the pool not moving. I went out to check on it and realized my entire pool was off. Thought it was the timer (realized I never set the clock after turning the breaker back on in the Spring), but nope. Instead, when I turned the pump back on, all I got was a humming noise. Uh oh...I immediately took to the TFP forums, with a side trip to the internet to look up the cost of a new pool pump. With thoughts of replacing a $750 pool pump in my head, boy was I happy when I typed in two simple words - humming noise - into the TFP forum search, and found several threads discussing how I should check the impeller and/or capacitor first, and that it might only cost me about $20 to change the capacitor. I confirmed the impeller and shaft were moving freely, so removed the capacitor, tested it and upon realizing it was DEAD, I set off to find a replacement. Couldn't find one locally so ordered it online and only $7.98 (plus expedited shipping) later, I was able to replace the capacitor this afternoon with just 2 easy screws, and my pool pump is back in business, giving my Polaris 360 a good workout!!

I can't thank the TFP site enough for providing a place for all of us to gather and share stories of pool ownership and learn from each other. This site has some tremendous knowledge and I've been both entertained and amazed by the information posted throughout the forum.

Having saved myself so much money, I've decided to put some of that where it can provide some benefit - right here to the TFP site, as a contributing member. I encourage others to do the same. This is a great site, and all of you should support it so that it remains available to solve all of our pool problems for many years to come!!

THANKS TROUBLEFREEPOOL.COM!!