Opened the pool a few days ago, What levels should I do for SLAMing?

May 31, 2013
St.Louis, MO
Hello All,

Pool was a swamp. Vacuumed as much junk off the bottom as I could and scrubbed. Next morning it was already blue instead of green. I had put about 5.5 or so gallons of chlorine in. This was Monday evening.

Pool currently looks blue but cloudy. I'm wondering what I should get my levels to, to SLAM. In my notes from previous year I have written down 60 CYA is about 24 FC to shock, I just cant find the little graph I got that from.

Here are my results, I'm going to run out there and put a little chlorine in and lower the PH. Wondering what I should do for CYA/FC after that. Going to go grab a bunch of salt so I can get the SWG going too. thanks for any suggestions:cool:

FC - .5
CC - .5-1
PH - 8.2+
Salt - 1960ppm
TA - 40
CH - 60
CYA - 20

Actually, I just retested FC/CC with a fresh sample and better lighting... It appears that

FC - 0
CC - 0

I believe the testing chemicals i'm using are from last season (stored inside). So I'm not sure. I'll try to level a few things and retest in a little bit.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.