Cya agent question

May 18, 2015
pittsburgh pa
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
First off pool is marvelously clear, numbers are good and slam complete.

When i tested in April had
CYA 60 so slammed at that number 24 fc

May 6th completed slam with 0 overnight chlorine loss.
PH 8
TA 100

So i added some muriatic acid to which brought me to
PH 7.4
TA 80-90

Now we've had a good deal of rain in Pittsburgh, and i did have to pump out about 4 inches of water. Tested CYA today plenty of sun and I'm coming up with 30, almost to point of the dot not disappearing.

Is it possible that the agent is bad, or has my CYA really dropped 30, which i wouldnt complain about. I could cut down my chlorine usage, but i dont want my pool to turn green.

It is pretty rare for that specific regent to go bad. But, it should not drop 50% without replacing 50% of the water.
So, I really have not explanation.

FYI, you will actually loose more FC ppm to the sun at lower CYA ... so you may find you are actually adding more bleach while trying to maintain a lower FC level.

It is pretty rare for that specific regent to go bad. But, it should not drop 50% without replacing 50% of the water.
So, I really have not explanation.

FYI, you will actually loose more FC ppm to the sun at lower CYA ... so you may find you are actually adding more bleach while trying to maintain a lower FC level.

should i use some pucks to bring it up?

It will take quite a few pucks to raise it to a suggested 40 but if you have some around, that's fine to do it. I usually like to see folks add the powder and save the pucks for vacation but both work.

Nice work on your pool! You're a TFP'r for sure.

It will take quite a few pucks to raise it to a suggested 40 but if you have some around, that's fine to do it. I usually like to see folks add the powder and save the pucks for vacation but both work.

Nice work on your pool! You're a TFP'r for sure.

Thanks Dave,I truly take that compliment.

My wife's like there he goes with his blue box :)

This site is the best time I spend on the net! So many knowledgeable people willing to help is extraordinary today!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.