Help Needed Please

May 25, 2016
Spring Lake, MI
Hi

I have a 10,000 gallon SWG pool. I have just started reading the recommended water chemistry on TFP and need some advice.

Pool is not crystal clear in the deep end. I am starting to get the FC level up and have <0.2 CC. Should I just shock the pool with some bleach?

Latest water tests performed with K-2006

Salt 3000
PH7.6
FC 3.0
CC<.2
CYA 60
TA 120
CH 150

Thanks

Stuart

Stuart, are you brushing at least weekly? Perhaps you have poor circulation in the deep end and it needs to be stirred up a bit.

Another idea is to perform an OCLT (Overnight Chlorine Loss Test) to determine if there is anything growing in there. You can find the directions in Pool School up at the top of this website

Yip :flower:

Welcome! :wave:

We don't shock pools here. We SLAMSLAM Process them. But yes, you probably should. And that also includes brushing the walls and cleaning out behind lights and inside and beneath ladders and steps, as equipped. See if you can improve circulation down low as well. Maybe angle a return jet down or open the main drain to get a little water flowing through that.

Marian is right - a 10 ml sample is precise enough for most purposes and saves reagents. You can also cut back on the amount of powder you use. After mixing, you should see one or two undissolved grains. If you do, you've got enough.

The SLAM Process may take a couple days, because you have to pass the three tests at the same time, and when we say clear, we mean even after brushing.

I use the dolphin every other day and brush the difficult areas of the pool.

My TA is also high according to the TFP chemistry for SWG pools. What is the best way to aerate my pool?

Should I take care of the TA first or do the SLAM (not shock!).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.