Pump run time with infloor system and variable speed pump

JZener

May 24, 2016
Houston, TX
Hi there! I'm new to TFP and working on transition to liquid chlorine from Trichlor after noticing decreased clarity and very "slight" algae growth on a few small areas around pool. my FC was 5 but since my CYA is 80, I clearly need more FC. Don't really trust the pool stores and all the algea killing products. So working on getting the CYA down and transitioning to liquid chlorine. Pool build 6 months ago.
So as I head into VERY HOT summer months here in Texas, I'm wondering how long I should run the pump. It's a variable speed so I can program it however I'd like and I also have an infloor system to clean, etc. Is it okay to not have it run at all for a period of time each day? or should I just leave it on a really low setting continuously? I took the trichlor pucks out of the in-line chlorinator which is at pool side; I had initially been running pump to keep FAC levels correct.
Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.