Coleman vs. Intex?

cozzmo

May 23, 2016
drtyimu
I am going to replace my current pool with a 18 x 48. I'm looking at the Coleman Power Steel and the Intex Ultra Frame. I can pick up the Coleman as soon as I need it a Wal Mart for $384 and the only place I can find the Intex Ultra Frame is at one online store for $449 (free shipping but may take up to 14 days to get it here.) It looks like Intex discontinued the 18x48 Ultra Frame, it's hard to find anywhere.

So my question is which should I choose? Never had a Coleman before, so don't know much about them. Any advice would be great.

I bought our Intex Ultra Frame last year at the beginning of the season 18x48. (It has the dual suction intakes.) I havent seen a Coleman in person but have heard good things. Ive had no issues with our Intex or it staying up for the winter and have really liked it (this is our second Intex AGP). I did find that Walmart dropped the prices on the Intex around Memorial day to boost sales when I bought mine..look again this weekend and especially next week. They will ship to the store for free I think. I guess its a parts availability/price decision?
Hi Larry :)

I bought our Intex Ultra Frame last year at the beginning of the season 18x48. (It has the dual suction intakes.) I havent seen a Coleman in person but have heard good things. Ive had no issues with our Intex or it staying up for the winter and have really liked it (this is our second Intex AGP). I did find that Walmart dropped the prices on the Intex around Memorial day to boost sales when I bought mine..look again this weekend and especially next week. They will ship to the store for free I think. I guess its a parts availability/price decision?
Hi Larry :)

Wal-Mart no longer carries the 18 x 48 Ultra Frame. It says out of stock on their website. I even went to the Intex website and it is also not available there. So I will probably have to go with the Coleman.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Bought a Coleman 16 x48 last year. It started leaking after 2 week. Never found the leak. Coleman wanted me to cut out the drain with the serial and send it to them for a replacement. I left it as is topping the pool off weekly. 3 months later, the pump went out. We decided to thrash it after this. I just bought a new Intex 18'x52 so it will be interesting to see if this one holds out better.

I put up a new Coleman 18X48 about 3 weeks ago and it's been great. No issues at all. But I didn't use the filter that came with it. I purchased an Intex sand filter and separate Intex SWG. And yes the Intex and Coleman fittings are the same. Honestly looking at the Intex and Coleman parts I can't tell the difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am going to replace my current pool with a 18 x 48. I'm looking at the Coleman Power Steel and the Intex Ultra Frame. I can pick up the Coleman as soon as I need it a Wal Mart for $384 and the only place I can find the Intex Ultra Frame is at one online store for $449 (free shipping but may take up to 14 days to get it here.) It looks like Intex discontinued the 18x48 Ultra Frame, it's hard to find anywhere.

So my question is which should I choose? Never had a Coleman before, so don't know much about them. Any advice would be great.
There's a 20x48 ultra frame on sale for 499.99 at meijer not sure where you live if you have a meijer nearby.

Would anyone be able to post pictures of the intake/outake hoses on their 18x 48 Coleman pool. Just finished setting mine up, but not sure I did it properly. There was no DVD included with the pool and the YouTube video posted on the Coleman website is outdated. Mine has the two inlet hoses which I spliced together, but not sue I did it right. Also have no idea how to use my old skimmer with the new Coleman. Any pictures would be greatly appreciated.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.