This is awesome !!!!!

H-TOWN

May 13, 2009
Houston,Texas
I purchased a item called the POOLSKIM ,I dont know if this is a popular item with everyone but i have had it about a week and it is great and it will save me lots of time on skimming leaves ,lovebugs and flying ants from the top of my pool. When i first turned it on it was like a magnet it just sucked everything off the top of the pool. :-D . Normally I skim the top every other day with my net but i have only cleaned the net from the pool skim. This is the web sight if anyone wants to look at it.

www.poolskimusa.com

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
woolybully i purchased mine from a local mom and pop pool store but you can order online i checked it out its the same price. None of thje big pool stores carried them.

When my pump is running the poolskim does have a few air bubbles when the water shoots through the net , but not bad at all.

I'm confused.... is this just a skimmer? So you would get this if your pool doesn't have a skimmer already?

If the pool already has a skimmer I can't see how this can work better. In 30 mins to an hour (if my pump has been off awhile), there's not a bug, pollen or anything floating on the top of the water.

numberonenole said:
I have been having problems with mine (I posted over in the pumping section), so maybe you can help. Does yours create bubbles in the pool when the bumper (hat) is attached? It is like it is sucking air when the water comes over the edge and creates the vortex. Thanks!

I have a 2-speed pump. When it runs on HI there are small bubbles coming out of the PoolSkim net when the 'hat' is in, yes. The vortex generates large bubbles while it's sucking debris into the net and those larger bubbles are broken up by debris and the net into smaller ones. If you take the hat out the bubbles disappear because that vigorous vortex action isn't present.

The PoolSkim needs to be installed at such a depth that the hat is 1 or 2 inches (I forgot, which) under water at your lowest normal operating water level. The installation depth is regulated by the length of the pipe. It comes with piping longer than what's needed and you cut it to size. If yours is sucking a lot of air you may have it sitting up too high, i.e., too close to the surface. You can either add some water or cut the pipe to drop the PS down a little farther.

H-Town,

From your pictures it looks like your PoolSkim is installed so the sock is parallel with the pool wall. We installed ours at a 45 degree angle to the wall to facilitate water circulation.

This is a great device and I'm so glad we bought it. I rarely have surface debris anymore and with three dogs swimming daily the amount of dog hair it catches is unreal! Between it and the skimmer socks in the basket my vacuuming time is cut in half, at least.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.