Ladder problems

Razorhog

Bronze Supporter
Jun 20, 2013
Northeast Arkansas
Some cracks have developed around the ladder holes and I am unable to get it to go in. I swear the cracks were not there last year, but I can't be 100 percent certain. The pool guy said they had to use a jack to get it out when they closed the pool last fall. The ladder arms are a little out of shape but not to the point that it seems like they wouldn't go in. He said he would try a new ladder and if that doesn't work, the concrete will have to be cut out and new holes put in place. Thoughts? Edit: I just saw that there are some grass blades in the bottom right of the pic, those aren't cracks but they kind of look like it.

UKH4hHzWSQCVj6XOpMQHaziU-RBzOuh6RegitTxIqAnGgT58LfID_3reFWa-pTPfwyAMzDkgLta7TJeB0GFeR5mk6pTWek150h1OX4oEBYJLadGBpITH_kMrSR0jrF7zxc4_OLkk2cbnm9p-7n3j-a6uJCN3_daxDoj_j-pw6HGYp4tj0cJiyIukxcfiTSbQFdWtOFLoo5qldqCw0KLWGK2x1BiovQi2c2EbsdvM46Wlky8gFMKo6qNB5gZI6iZ5KoIS_r4TJyWnZUZDFXuXfQsQqx1-YIpK6n3_js-P25qB7yov9X2THaz3GcxP9BRHua0GD9BwE_K6GMF9YVWrsm9tFwOr3i7Fdx0XNO7IAaYbenkT8cuKrS6-4djlq9LTMaH5SGuBZEqVqJwZxXxhEP-NYi5SYP0aFLvcfXHkKxdR1RuHXyUYFACBXFNmXuFxlmp6c8uB1JcFOoA7LLHaD9edI3EWIuZxMe1pXVFzBX59j1UYY-9Je6pq11W0zjaJ1omLTHNCBF45UKu4sO5JSpTbV7xJkq_SjQAJ9KZPGiPiq9e9uTDE_hKGbyYaRjhQiPhG9YRoZIjCq9wPo24ZbNVAGhXgid4=w992-h1322-no

How old is the pool?

I suspect they did this when the jacked out the ladder. But that may just be part of the risk of doing something to get the ladder out. Because your fiberglass pool doesn't resist lateral movement of your deck and I bet there is no rebar.

I think you should cut and replace this will only get worse

How old is the pool?

I suspect they did this when the jacked out the ladder. But that may just be part of the risk of doing something to get the ladder out. Because your fiberglass pool doesn't resist lateral movement of your deck and I bet there is no rebar.

I think you should cut and replace this will only get worse

Pool is 8 years old. Seems like they could have lubed it or something rather than jacking it and ruining the ladder and the concrete both. No telling how much it will cost to repair.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.