Polaris 280

RCS51

May 24, 2016
Houston, TX
Our pool was re plastered in FEB of this year. Bought a new Polaris 280, recently I noticed the floats and the hose have like a sludge (black) attached to them. Also the tires (two) that are powered have like a gooey material alongside the edge that is contacted by the center power wheel. Also the tires seem to feel sticky. Any ideas out there as to what could it be? Its a fresh water pool, chlorinated.

Welcome to TFP :)

Have not heard of anyone seeing this, that does not mean it hasn't happened...

What are your water test levels? post those up and maybe we can see something going on :)

Our pool was re plastered in FEB of this year. Bought a new Polaris 280, recently I noticed the floats and the hose have like a sludge (black) attached to them. Also the tires (two) that are powered have like a gooey material alongside the edge that is contacted by the center power wheel. Also the tires seem to feel sticky. Any ideas out there as to what could it be? Its a fresh water pool, chlorinated.

RE: gooey stuff: i got out my polaris today for the first time in several months and noticed the hose felt sticky all along its length. I called tech support and they had not heard of this before. They just suggested trying to determine if the hose is actually decomposing or if it just has some film (possibly due to water chemistry?) which might be removed with Goo Gone. It is over 10 years old, used only a few times a year, stored in a sheltered area where i also store chemicals.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.