DIY Skimmer Leak Fix

Hey all,

We moved into a house with a pool and have spent quite some time getting the pool up and running as it wasn't taken care of by the previous owners. We have just about everything up to standards except for the skimmer. We used a leak detection company which identified the leak (which is under a slab of concrete, unknown depth) ~3 ft underground. The skimmer pipe is also roughly 8-10 inches from the pool edge. The more I stare at this...the more I wonder if I can do it myself. Would it be feasible for a DIYer to tackle this kind of project?

My main thoughts/concerns are...
-Renting an appropriate concrete saw and the associated costs
-Determining depth of said concrete
-Causing damage to the pool structure being so close to the pool edge

If it helps anyone, we are currently running 100% drain, skimmer net on the surface, Dolphin S300 cleaner ran a few times a week.

Thanks in advance for the help!

16k gal. IG Vinyl
1 HP pump
Hayword Sand filter
Dolphin S300 cleaner

You certainly could tackle it if you have some experience and some bravery with concrete and pipe repair. Concrete I would remove a much larger piece than you expect to need to work. You're going to have to repour concrete anyway. Concrete is usually only 3-4 inches deep on a slab. 6 inches at worst in any spot that wasn't properly graded. I wouldn't worry about pool damage as long as you're not disturbing the coping area.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.