Silver Supporter
May 1, 2016
Hopkinton, MA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
I feel like buying a robot is somewhat similar to buying a mattress. Each place has a different name for a model, and you dont know if you will like it until you try it.
However.. I am curious, and this may be a dumb blonde question, but... When the robot is cleaning the pool, can you swim in it? And should you remove the robot after every cleaning?

We get a bit of debris in the pool to where I am vacuuming it out daily, but it could be that it is spring and that will change.

Thanks

Yes you can swim as long as you are attentive.

You should remove it after every cleaning, because you need to clean it out. :)

Mine stays in the pool, but I clean it before every use. It would probably last longer kept out of the pool, but it seems fine so far, it's a few years old and still going great. Just don't put it in the pool during a SLAM.

I feel like buying a robot is somewhat similar to buying a mattress. Each place has a different name for a model, and you dont know if you will like it until you try it.
However.. I am curious, and this may be a dumb blonde question, but... When the robot is cleaning the pool, can you swim in it? And should you remove the robot after every cleaning?

We get a bit of debris in the pool to where I am vacuuming it out daily, but it could be that it is spring and that will change.

Thanks[/QUOTE

Even if you aren't vacuuming daily (I don't unless there's some significant overnight accumulation) a robot is a handy thing to have. As Robbie pointed out there's no real harm to leaving it in or swimming with it in, but the cord can definitely get in the way and given the priciness of the unit exercising a little TLC will likely pay off in lifespan. My S300 can do a 1 or 2 hour cycle and I usually pop it in on weekend mornings (while I run a chemical check, skim the surface, clean out the skimmer baskets and run a backwash (if needed)). Then I come back and extract it when the cycle ends and we're good to go. With my S300, I can pull it from the pool, stow it on its caddy, clean the filter basket and get it back in the shed in minutes.

Thanks[/QUOTE

Even if you aren't vacuuming daily (I don't unless there's some significant overnight accumulation) a robot is a handy thing to have. As Robbie pointed out there's no real harm to leaving it in or swimming with it in, but the cord can definitely get in the way and given the priciness of the unit exercising a little TLC will likely pay off in lifespan. My S300 can do a 1 or 2 hour cycle and I usually pop it in on weekend mornings (while I run a chemical check, skim the surface, clean out the skimmer baskets and run a backwash (if needed)). Then I come back and extract it when the cycle ends and we're good to go. With my S300, I can pull it from the pool, stow it on its caddy, clean the filter basket and get it back in the shed in minutes.

Geebot, how do you go about getting your S300 out of the pool? I usually start a new cycle and turn it back off when it gets to the shallow end. I'm just paranoid yanking it by the cord as to not cause a short.

Geebot, how do you go about getting your S300 out of the pool? I usually start a new cycle and turn it back off when it gets to the shallow end. I'm just paranoid yanking it by the cord as to not cause a short.

Pulling it by the cord is the recommended method - the device is relatively weightless in the pool. You don't want to "yank" it and you stop pulling on the cord once the handle breaks the surface. It is no longer weightless at that point. I have an elderly Dolphin Diagnostic that had over a decade of cord-pulling under its belt with no observable issues.

Removing the pool cleaner from the pool

"Using the floating cable, pull the robot to the edge of the pool.

Grab the handle and remove the robot from the water."

Pulling it by the cord is the recommended method - the device is relatively weightless in the pool. You don't want to "yank" it and you stop pulling on the cord once the handle breaks the surface. It is no longer weightless at that point. I have an elderly Dolphin Diagnostic that had over a decade of cord-pulling under its belt with no observable issues.

Removing the pool cleaner from the pool

"Using the floating cable, pull the robot to the edge of the pool.

Grab the handle and remove the robot from the water."

Awesome! Thanks for the help and links.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.