Hiya everyone!

May 21, 2016
Mooresville NC
Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. My husband and I just purchased a house with an approx. 20 year old in ground vinyl liner pool and are in the process of having the liner replaced. We have never owned a pool so this is will all be new to us. I had planned on hiring a pool service but then decided that I needed to learn how to manage the pool myself. After even more thought, I will likely use my 16 year old son instead of a pool service since he constantly needs gas money. I've been lurking for a few weeks and have learned quite a bit just from reading everyone's posts. Looking forward to learning more from this awesome group!

Welcome to TFP!

You can most definitely handle it yourself, for much less money and with better results than a pool service.

I literally spend 2 minutes a day or less on my pool. I usually grab a drink when I get home from work, go check the skimmer, decide if I need to put the cleaner in and test the water. Then spend a half hour sitting in the shade with my drink contemplating the pretty water.