Hayward Skimmer with Dual Inlets

May 6, 2016
Minot, ND
Hello,

I have an Intex 18X9X52 with the 1200gph sand filter and Intex SWG. It has only been up for about a week and I can see already that a skimmer is needed. I have been looking at the Hayward SP1091LX and I was wondering your thoughts on installing it in place of one of the inlets (my pool has two) or can I keep using both inlets as intended and simply T-off of both for the skimmer?

I would like to be able to run this with both inlets so if I can T-off of them, would anyone have a part number or ideas for the T valve? The inlets have the smaller style hoses and I would like to utilize those until I can convert everything to pvc next year.

Thank You!

I have a 22x52 round with the twin inlets. I also just installed the same skimmer. For now i took the hose of the valve from both inlets and run it to the bottom of the skimmer and left the valve to the outlets closed for now. Once I upgrade to a sand filter i was going to go with pvc and just t one of the inlets with the skimmer. But as for now im sure you can rig something with some pvc adapters real quick

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.