New Pool Build In Winter Garden FL

Singuy

Jan 11, 2016
Winter Garden FL
New Pool Build In Winter Garden FL (Completed!)

We finally got our HOA approval after 1 month of delay! Time to get this pool built!

Pool Specs:

Free form lagoon style
3.5-6ft deep
23980 Gallons
Salt water system
Two Pentair pumps, 2hp for water features, 3hp for the pool
300k BTU propane heater for spa
Pentair automated system with wifi remote
5x Pentair Globrite LED multicolor lights
Stonescapes mini pebbles in aqua white with abalone shells

Water features:
2 bubblers around the beach area, 1 bubbler in the spa
4 weeping walls
Rain curtain from aluminium pergola
Water fall from spa

Pool we drew inspiration from(or pretty much copied)

We Want These Stones.jpg

Travertine for decking
French-Pattern-leonardo-tumbled-Pavers_zpsjmmflrqz.jpg

Pergola for rain feature

13271827_10108605250790251_565868673_o_zpsqpowljzd.jpg

Stacked stones for weeping wall

download_20160524_142312_zpsxm1g1xan.jpg

Day 0

IMG_20160525_100035%201_zpsc8nzw7ih.jpg

Liu%205_005_zpsae0rnfgi.jpg

Liu%205_004_zpspd7cptew.jpg

Liu%205_001_zpshkllkqr2.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Day 5

IMG_20160523_131510_zpsznbtn5md.jpg

Day 12 after some delays

IMG_20160525_095329_zpsx5cxa5pn.jpg

IMG_20160525_095220_zpsmrxswbvm.jpg

IMG_20160525_095200_zpsmfusulqt.jpg

Welcome to TFP!! What a beautiful view you have! This is such a gorgeous setting for your pool! Looks like you have lots of room for entertaining.
Delays are hard, but it looks like you are well underway! Congratulations!

I have a quick question about aerating devices to cool down the pool. The clubhouse's pool was pretty warm over the summer, so I would assume my pool will end up just as warm during the hot Floridian summer. Should I invest in a pool chiller or a simple aerating device will work? Also does the rain curtain coming off the pergola counts as a built in aerating device?

Welcome and thanks for sharing your build so far. Looks like you have a great project underway.
An aerator device will not work particularly well in FL because they work based on the evaporation principle. Since your humidity is quite high, the heat exchange isn't nearly what it would be in AZ for example. There may be some benefit though.
A cooler may be more what you need to see an appreciable difference in temperature. Hopefully others can give you real world experience.

Welcome and thanks for sharing your build so far. Looks like you have a great project underway.
An aerator device will not work particularly well in FL because they work based on the evaporation principle. Since your humidity is quite high, the heat exchange isn't nearly what it would be in AZ for example. There may be some benefit though.
A cooler may be more what you need to see an appreciable difference in temperature. Hopefully others can give you real world experience.

Thanks for your input! Would like to hear about other Floridian pools. Our temperature hovers around 92 in the summer..really curious about the temp of your pools especially since we get rain almost daily during the hot summer months.

I'm going to second the notion of nighttime solar (aka lunar cooling), depending on your ideal water temperature. Given the hot day, not many people enjoy a Florida pool in the 70s; most prefer 82+ given the offset in daytime temp. By that I mean, it's so hot out, the pool water at a 20 degree differential feels chilly. #floridaproblems

As they used to say in my day..... Far out, man!!!!

A long time ago, I swam in a resort pool that was swervy-curvy. Your pool reminds me of that. It was a blast! I'll never forget that pool. Kids love it, because there are all those nooks and crannies for games. And parents love it, because they can get away or tell the kids (older) to swim somewhere else! Haha!

This build is going to be almost as much fun to watch as it would be to swim in. Well, almost. Keep the pics coming!
Suz

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
That first gunite shot is one of the best under construction pics I've seen. Can't imagine what it will look like complete!!

We just went through that with ours. After the gunite is shot, they want to make sure it cures properly and don't want to get any big equpiment near the gunite shell while it is curing. It was a tough 4 weeks to watch nothing happen, but after that things will really pick up.

Awesome design by the way!!!

Question guys. So I have been lurking around other people's build and noticed that I am missing a lot of plumbing in my pool. The gunite is in, but I don't see all these pipes coming out of the holes in which jets are suppose to be(especially in the spa). I only see pipes coming out where the bubblers are going to be. Currently I have a lot of empty holes where I believe jets are going to be...but all your builds have pipes already filled into the holes. Should I be concerned and contact the PB?

We're having a pool built currently in Florida and our plumbing was the same way will little plumbing ahead of gunite. Anything that could be accessed through the side shell was left with just a hole in the gunite and done afterwards (basically only drains and spa jets partially pre-plumbed ahead).

The order could be based on your city/county inspection requirements. In our case after gunite they back filled and compacted the soil around the pool shell and there was a compaction inspection. After that they dug it back out again for plumbing followed by a plumbing inspection.

Beautiful looking shell and great view of lake. Will be following your thread to see it through to completion.

Are you getting a screen cage or lanai screened? From pictures I see your neighbor has a screen.

Hope PB gets going again for you soon. I understand the frustration of waiting. My PB puts in about 1 day of work per week as he juggles with 6 or more pools. and now his main employee quit! I'm getting Screen Cage put in today and then all that's left is the plaster and startup. Except for the startup these are subcontractors and are good once they get underway.

No screen for this pool at this time. It depends how many snakes/frogs/and alligators end up in the pool. There's a 10 ft retaining wall and 70 ft of conservation area separating my house and the lake.

We also get eaten alive out here by the mosquitos, but I will be investing into a mosquito misting system. Anyone here ever purchased one of these systems and got good results? I tried fogging but I guess my concentrate was just not strong enough. I probably have mutated mosquitos back here. Everyone is telling us we are stupid for not putting in a screen..but I really want to exhaust all my options before investing into a screen that will kill the look of the pool and the view...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.