Hillbillyville AGP

Thanks to all on this site as I have been quietly digesting eleventy billion posts on building a pool... We live on a farm in rural MO where the weather cooperated for two days...but no more (it's raining and I cannot finish the pump/electric). We did the ground prep two weeks before the pool build.

Compacting the rock dust.

27103740832_67b7fc8801_b.jpg

Leveling...

26592130134_b82bec7a4a_b.jpg

Smoothing...

27130751761_0826c48bcf_b.jpg

This was the hard part but I had great help.

27199818145_b09b282eb0_b.jpg

Wall up, getting ready to install the SS bonding posts to four uprights...

27103489892_5a43a34eec_b.jpg

Wall foam and floor foam...was advised against it (wall foam) after it was ordered but used it anyway. The liner is 30 thick and I actually like the way the wall foam feels but we shall see over time...

26924428950_fc9fd4d55a_b.jpg

Gorilla felt (to cover duct tape) and foam cove...we managed to get all the wrinkles out...

26592985294_d8eb81568c_b.jpg

The rest was easy...

26593556863_41db802bfd_b.jpg

Now for the PVC install, and electric, French drain, bury, patio, water cold.......so tired....so tired....

Reactions: 24round
We love our above ground here at my house! Cool water is nice water! AND it helps keep most of the critters out!

I bet you are tired! LOVE the girl power! Best help in the world right there!

Love that you already have the test kit! You will never be Pool $tored!

Will you build a deck around it? I KNOW you have plans! I can tell that when you do something you do it RIGHT! You need to see Cowboy Casey work! You remind me of him and THAT is a compliment! Here is a link to his build. Take a look at his deck!
New above ground oval 18x33 install

THanks for letting us come along for the fun!

Kim:cat:

So brief update. It has been either rainy or extremely hot but progress non the less...well ok, too much swimming, not enough working.

Temporary steps:

27410150123_f6420d795a_b.jpg

Electrical:

27989224816_583db3326a_b.jpg

Hose/vacuum storage:

27921548272_68e6760722_b.jpg

Three way with aeration fountain, can also see French Drain:

27409980483_c512c0e295_b.jpg

Fountain in action (hits center of pool but the wind moves it around):

27921455712_62fb343974_b.jpg

Supposed to rain this weekend so I should be able to dig some dirt and start burying the pool. Thanks for looking...

Reactions: 24round
WOW! My husband is going to be SO mad at you! I think I have found THE way to do our fountain! I LOVE the idea of the valve like that! I HATE taking it off and on. YOUR way will stop that! "Honey? Oh honey! Come look at this!" LOL

You do awesome work! Every thing about it is purrfect.

Sorry but there is NEVER too much swimming! The work will always be there so jump in and enjoy the fruits of your labors.

So this weekend we roughed in the backfill. Been very hot so we could only work till noonish. Thank goodness for tractors and buckets. I'll have to add more to the slope in the back. There is a four foot wide walk around the pool, will add rocks and pavers soon. Not sure what to do with the slopes yet as well as the pump area, rocks perhaps...open to suggestions :). Thanks for looking!

Looking out from the deck:

28120952162_7b28ccf08d_b.jpg

And looking the other way:

28224825715_69ceb22acd_b.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Head North out of Neosho, bang a hard right at the big rock by the dead Osage Orange tree (there is an old wooden barn half down on the left). At the fork head towards the beaver dam. Don't get out there, that'd be old Wilburs mushroom spot...he drinks alot and always has his guns with him, and he don't like strangers. Head straight down that dirt road till the drive between the two big cedars next to the oak with the Reishi mushrooms growing out of the base...you'll know for sure if you see my neighbors cattle...bout an hour and a half...that old stone building you past used to be the Hillbillyville P.O..

Head North out of Neosho, bang a hard right at the big rock by the dead Osage Orange tree (there is an old wooden barn half down on the left). At the fork head towards the beaver dam. Don't get out there, that'd be old Wilburs mushroom spot...he drinks alot and always has his guns with him, and he don't like strangers. Head straight down that dirt road till the drive between the two big cedars next to the oak with the Reishi mushrooms growing out of the base...you'll know for sure if you see my neighbors cattle...bout an hour and a half...that old stone building you past used to be the Hillbillyville P.O..

I had to ask since my family is from that area. FairPlay, Joplin, Neoso, Springfield...........

LOL LOVE IT! That is like the directions we give when we are meeting up in the middle of the National Forest while out on the dirt bikes! Ya know the brown house that used to be blue that burned down? That road is where we are meeting at. LOL

I am doing some looking for ground cover for your slope. I have some ideas but am looking up the "real" names instead of what I call them LOL

Here is one fav of mine:

blue star creeper pictures - Google Search

Here is another:

mazus pictures - Google Search

There is also the tried and true:

https://www.google.com/search?q=mondo+grass&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8#q=mondo+grass+pictures

You need to get something down on the the dirt now before it rains and washes it out.

You can get this:

https://www.google.com/search?q=grass+netting+for+grass+seed&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8#q=grass+netting+with+grass+seed

You just cut a hole where you put the plug of what you pick to grow there on the dirt.

You can do a mixture of rye seed (VERY fast growing but does not last long) and "real" grass seed and put this netting over it.

Of course the girl in me LOVES the flowering ones LOL

Got tired of moving dirt so we dug out the old mouse chewed badminton net and turned it into a semi permanent volleyball net for the pool. To be honest it was over engineered and never worked well on the ground. Thanks for looking...the work continues...

28170330361_50ddbccc1c_b.jpg

Sunk deep into leftover PVC pipe with a little paint...

28170363061_af05674396_b.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.