Unions for Hayward System

I'm attempting to convert my above ground pool plumbing to hard PVC. I'm having trouble trying to find unions that fit the outer thread on the pump, sand filter, strainer and return. Does anyone have an idea what type of unions (bushings) I can use?

Also, I've seen several folks use ball valves on the skimmer and return lines. Is there any benefit from these? When would you actually close them? Surely you wouldn't when you close the pool because you'd have water in the pipes.

Thanks.

Hey Eric ...while the first unions you posted have proprietary threads for Hayward pumps and heaters , the second ones I believe might be standard and available at lowes and the depot for around $8. I'm not positive , but check it out. Near the schedule 40 pressure fittings.
Kris

I believe they are sched 40 and they come in all sizes up to 2" . they might not be threaded but if looking to save a few bucks, use the appropriate sched 40 threaded coupling that then converts to slip fit, then to unions. I used the ones that cowboycasey posted that come in a 2pack and they are nice and reasonably priced.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.