May 22, 2016
Henderson NV
Hi all, wanted to get the kiddos a pool for the summer and found this site while shopping.
Really happy I found this forum because being a mechanic I like to do everything myself and try to research as much as I can. I bought a cheap test kit from Walmart to get me started but my tf100 will be here tomorrow. Just trying to keep the cl and ph in check till I can test for more. I am already finding myself looking at an Intex sand filter and swcg lol. This little pump that comes with the pool is pretty laughable, but what do ya want for a 70 dollar pool. If I can successfully manage the pool without stressing myself out I already want to upgrade to something like a big Intex pool. Thanks for reading and thanks in advance. Ed

Welcome! :wave:

Here's something you need to know about. They also sell them in most pool stores.
71Un9ZjiAlL._SL1500_.jpg

Soaks up oils. So if you come home and jump in the pool after getting a 90 weight shampoo or an ATF shower, you won't leave a slick on the surface. If you do leave a ring, Mr Clean Magic Erasers will remove it.

Welcome to TFP!

Congrats on the new pool. We started with one like that 12 years or so ago. Lots of upgrades since then. The Intex sand and SWG is a nice upgrade from the Intex cartridge filter. Lots of people here use them.