mgmoore7

Bronze Supporter
May 9, 2015
Land O Lakes, FL
Tampa, FL
Full sun from about 1130am
Screen enclosure
Firing up SWG this weekend

Based on everything that I have read and the recommendations for Salt Water Systems in full sun I need to be at the high end of the spectrum do you agree?

Thank you

Well, my experience with screens would actually suggest less. That screen blocks an incredible amount of UV (you have to run your heater all summer, right?)

The UV that actually touches your pool is probably only 70% of a pool without a screen.

I would suggest a CYA of 50 ppm to start perhaps moving to 60 as the summer progresses

Well, my experience with screens would actually suggest less. That screen blocks an incredible amount of UV (you have to run your heater all summer, right?)

The UV that actually touches your pool is probably only 70% of a pool without a screen.

I would suggest a CYA of 50 ppm to start perhaps moving to 60 as the summer progresses

You are correct that it blocks about 30% of the suns rays. I don't think I will need it through the summer unless I wanted the temp regularly closer to 90 but time will tell. We seem to like the temp between 84 and 86 as adults. Kids are fine down to 80 or so for sure or even less. We will probably be setting the solar to cut off at about 83 and let the sun heat is up a few more degrees through the afternoon. Right now it is dropping down to about 79 overnight.

The last several days, I have been losing 3-4 ppm of Chlorine daily I believe but I have not been methotical about checking the before and after, just making adjustments as needed as I have been bringing my CYA up. It is getting to be about 90 in temperature and we are swimming just about every day and when we swim, it is up to 7 kids with just my family. Today, there were 9 in there for a few hours and went from 5 to 1.5 in CL from last night to tonight.

So, 3 answers, 50, 70 and 80. :)

I definitely don't want to go too high. Thanks for your help.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.